Monday, July 24, 2023

Flamingo Birthday Card.

 Hi everyone.  I have a special Flamingo Birthday card I made for a Special Crafter friend's Birthday.  I hope she likes it.  I also thought it was a nice Summer Card so I will link it to the July 2023 Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge Here Comes The Sun.


I chose to use My Monthly Hero kit from July 2022.  Can you believe I had never used it? Unfortunately it is sold out. I have more kits to use too. Can you relate?  Isn't this a cute stamp set with the layering Flamingos? I love Flamingos and in fact I just went to the Zoo with my family the last day of June.  And it was so HOT.  I wanted my flamingos to have black on their heads for some reason.  The ones I seen in person I believe were really light pink and I seen some even pinker ones in Las Vegas. I had fun using mostly Hero Hues Core cube inks in Cotton Candy and Azalea.  I used some off white heavy weight cardstock to layer them on as well as my Misti Stamping platform.  On the second layered image, I used Hero Arts Intense Black ink on their heads and I was going to use black on their feet too but I went with Cotton Candy.  I did ink up the wood 2 layer image in 2 different gray inks.  Lost Shadow Distress ink and Simon Says Stamp Fog Dye ink. I inked up some clouds and a dragonfly from the stamp set using Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink and Peacock Feathers Distress ink.


I cut out my flamingos and scene using my paper trimmer to about 4 x 5 1/4.  There is a coordinating die that I will try next time. I then glued my panel to a A2 card base.  I stamped and heat embossed my pun sentiment using white dye ink and Bright White embossing powder from WOW onto black cardstock.  I love Puny Sentiments they make me smile. I fussy cut out my sentiment to fit better on my card front and glued it with liquid glue.  I also added some sequins to match and a little bit of white gel accents.  I doid also ink a little around the edges with the brush I used for Peacock Feathers distress ink.


Do you ever stamp on the inside of your card? I usually don't but like I said this is a Special Birthday Card.  and she really is Flamazing!!


Here is 1 photo from our Zoo visit.

Until Next Time, Happy Crafting!




3 comments:

  1. I love flamingos and your card is so awesome! I'm sure the crafter friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet friend I almost threw it out. Especially after I seen my photo and seen how light these ones were LOL I'm glad you like it. Hugs!!

      Delete

Simple Notecard using 2 New Stencils from A Colorful Life Designs

 Hello everyone.  I have a simple notecard today using 2 New Stencils from A Colorful Life Designs .  Use VonFan10 to save 10% off your purc...