Friday, July 28, 2023

Birthday Cards using Wood Block Stamps

 Hi everyone.  I have some Birthday cards for Woodblock Wednesday hosted by my friend Amy Tsututa. You can link up your projects until Monday July 31 5am Pacific. I always enjoy this challenge.  I love woodblockstamps, any stamps, and Mailing Stamps too.  

Woodblock Wednesday | Scrapper@heart


Here are 2 cards I created using 2 Woodblock stamps from my stash.  The background stamps is from Recollections and the Birthday cake is from Hampton Art.  I have had them in my stash for a long time so I was happy to use them for the first time.


This is the fist card I made.  I stamped the background stamp on white cardstock with Catherine Pooler Crushed Violet ink.  I cut my cardstock to the size of the background about 3 1/4 x 4 5/8. I ink blended some more Crushed Violet ink on the edge as there was some white  space showing.  I then layered it on black cardstock 4 x 5 1/4.  I then stamped the cake with Simon Says Stamp Bubblegum ink and fussy cut it out.  I found a die-cut in my stash and glued it to my card front before adding it to a A2 top folding card base.  I added my cake with foam tape and used a glitter pen for my word yasss with wite gel accents.  I also used my glitter pen to the flames on the candles.  Lastly, I added some iridescent sequins.


I decided to try again with these Woodblock stamps.  This time I inkblended my white cardstock with Simon says Stamp Bubblegum ink.  I stamped the background stamp with the Bubblegum ink and stamped over my ink blending.  I loved how it looked.  I then took some Peacock Feathers Distress ink and stamped the edges around my already stamped background.  I think it made a great background and probably would be good for gel press backgrounds.  I then flicked some Distress Oxide Spay in peacock Feathers and Distress Spray in Picket Fence. I love splatters on my backgrounds.  I then stamped my cake woodblock stamp with black ink and fussy cut it out.  I then cut my background out with a Scalloped rectangle die.  I ink blended the top with Peacock Feathers to blend in as more white space was showing.  I aded my cake with foam tape and placed some iridescent stars and liquid white drops for fun.  My panel was added to a A2 card base.  My cards aren't perfect but I had a blast making them.  And I always need Birthday Cards on hand.

Until Next Time, Happy Crafting!

Supplies:
Distress Oxide Spray Peacock Feathers
Distress Spray Stain Picket Fence
Simon Says Stamp Bubblegum ink
Catherine Pooler Crushed Violet
Distress ink Peacock Feathers
Ellen Hutson YASSS Die by Julie Ebersole







2 comments:

  1. love your sweet birthday design von marie!
    Thanks for joining me for Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you so very much my friend. I appreciate it. Hugs!!

      Delete

Simple Notecard using 2 New Stencils from A Colorful Life Designs

 Hello everyone.  I have a simple notecard today using 2 New Stencils from A Colorful Life Designs .  Use VonFan10 to save 10% off your purc...