Hello everyone. I'm so excited for our Friends of Unity Blog Hop for September 2026. The cue this month is Anything But A Card. So much fun!
Let's Get Started:
On my first project here I have a Bookmark. I used watercolor paper Canson Cold pressed 140 lbs. I used this fun cocktail stamp from KOM called Boozie and Bougie that I stamped one of the drinks with Archival Watercolor ink. I used some New Lindy's Gang Magicals Halloween to paint my cocktail. So much fun. I added a few layers of powder and water using a paint brush. I love painting with these powders. I stamped a sentiment also from the set. I flicked some paint splatters for fun. Maybe it will be a Birthday Bookmark from My Mother-in-Law.
I felt fancy so I grabbed my Crop-A-Dile tool from We R Memory Keepers (We R Makers)and used a large eyelet. I then used some shabby Chic ribbon from my stash and that finishes this project.
Next, I have a Candy Bar Holder. I used the Creepy Peekies Stamp set. I love candy bars especially chocolate with almonds. So this candy bar holder measures 2 5/8 x 5 7/8 closed and open about 5 1/4 x 5 7/8 and scored at approx. 2 5/8. I love this cute bat. I used a white rectangle die-cut for my bat to be stamped onto with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with alcohol markers. I did ink blend around my bat probably with Black Soot Distress ink.
Inside of Candy Bar Holder I cut some matching cardstock for a strip and placed candy bar in it and then glued strip pinching the sides so my candy bar stayed in tact. I ahve orange hemp twine to tie my candy bar holder to stay closed.
Lastly, I found my older Kate Spade planner and then I realized I had planner dies in my stash to make a planner insert. So now that's my next obsession to add planner layouts and inserts. This Beautiful Background has been begging me to use it. It's from May 2026 BOM Open Skies
I colored with my alcohol markers and Prismacolor Colored Pencils. Sentiment stamped from the stamp set with blue ink and I used a sentiment from Unity Stamp Co. for the file tab. I love how it looks in my planner. I had so much fun creating these projects!!!
Let's see what my friends came up with for the challenge: Next up is Jenni
Von Marie(Me)
Thank you so much!
~Von Marie~








Such a cute idea!!! Love both projects!!!
ReplyDeleteJenni S
Thank you Jenni Hugs!!!!
DeleteLove your bookmark, candy bar holder (what a great idea), and journal page. Super job on all of them! My fav … the bookmark!
ReplyDeleteAwwww Thank you so much Joyce Hugs!!!!
DeleteWhat great projects!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww Thank you so much Wilma Hugs!!!
DeleteFabulous projects, Von Marie! I love your fun bookmark and the candy holder is a great idea! I really love your pretty journal page! All so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww Thank you so very much sweet friend!!! Big Hugs!!!!
DeleteWonderful projects. The bookmark is colored perfectly. Love the cute little candy bar holder (fun idea) and your journaling page is very pretty. (Ida)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Ida Hugs and Thank you for your comment.
DeleteThese are darling! Especially love the bat!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwww Thank you so very much Meghan hugs!!!
DeleteFabulous items and
ReplyDeletelove the candy bar
holder.
Carla from Arizona
Awwwww Thank you so much Carla hugs!!!
DeleteYour tag is so artsy fartsy with the splatters & lovely ribbon. The candy bar holder is something I like to make to give out on Halloween to the kids - love that!! And the planner insert is gorgeous and love the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteCute and unique projects!
ReplyDeleteVon Marie, Your designs are amazing! Love them all!
ReplyDeleteLoving the candy bar holder idea but your horse scene on the planner is so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteFancy book mark, sweet candy bar holder and love the horse on the planner page.
ReplyDelete